28 February 2014

Product Review: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Perfecting Cream

Throughout my childhood and as a teenager I was outside in the sun all day long during summer. Growing up in Scandinavia where the summers are short and you can never trust the weather to be nice, you simply make the most of it when the sun is finally out. Sadly it now means that I have far more sun damage than I’d care to admit, so I am constantly looking for products that can help minimise its appearance. Here are my thoughts on the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Perfecting Cream;




What They Say:
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Tone Perfecting Cream has been designed to give a brighter, more even-toned complexion while reducing the appearance of unwanted discolouration, age spots, dark spots, freckles caused by the sun, ageing skin, and scarring.

RRP: $12.99 (75g) – Available from Priceline, supermarkets and select pharmacies

What I Say:
I have combination skin prone to breakouts, especially when using too heavy or concentrated products, and at the age of 40, I have increasing pigmentation as well as some acne scars.

Normally I use a serum and a day cream, and at night a serum followed by a night cream, so I started replacing my usual day cream/night cream with the Eventone cream.



The Eventone cream has the most gorgeous scent – very perfumed, but this also worried me a little as I’m not used to using so perfumed moisturisers in my face. The second thing I noticed was how thick the cream was. It is very concentrated and only a little is needed. It is a little difficult to spread on the skin and it does leave the skin feeling a little greasy for a while, but it did leave my skin feeling very moisturised, and soft.

Because of the greasy, I found that it was simply too thick for me to apply makeup over, and my makeup would not last as long as it normally does, but start to slide off my face already at lunch time. So consequently I started only using it as a night cream as well as on my decollate where I also have quite a bit of pigmentation. Sadly after just a few nights of using it, I felt that my skin was starting to break out, with more breakouts than I had seen for a while, and consequently I immediately stopped using it on my face, but continued to use it on the pigmentation on my decollate.



After using the full jar of cream, the skin on my decollate is slowly getting a more even appearance and sunspots/age spots are slowly getting a bit lighter in colour, and my skin also feels very soft and thoroughly moisturised.

The cream comes in a large 75ml glass jar with a peach coloured lid. I must admit that I always prefer moisturisers in tubes, as I find it a little unhygienic constantly dipping your fingers into the pot. At just $12.99, and being so concentrated, I think it is great value.




As mentioned above the cream has an absolutely gorgeous floral scent which I absolutely love – and I can’t stop smelling my fingers after I have applied it – but sadly it is just a little too perfumed for me to use as a face cream, although I do not have sensitive skin. I could also imagine this being too perfumed for sensitive skin types.

What I Like:
  • Gorgeous scent
  • Well priced
  • Very concentrated
  • Thoroughly moisturising
  • Makes my skin appear more even toned
  • Readily available in supermarkets too

What I Don’t Like:
  • Too greasy for my combination skin
  • That it comes in a glass jar, as I prefer creams that come in tubes
  • Too perfumed for me to use in the face

While I loved what this cream has done to the skin on my decollate, I am not sure if I will be repurchasing – if only the cream was available in a lighter unscented version! However, regardless, this Eventone Tone Perfecting Cream is well worth a try if you love strong scents, and maybe if you have dry skin on your face used to a thicker and heavier cream. At just $13 you can’t go wrong in the fight for a more even toned skin.


Do you have sun damage? Which products do you use to try minimise the damage? Have you ever tried any of the products from Palmer’s?
Share:

4 comments

  1. This is one of the only Palmer's products that I haven't used. I love their night cream... except the fact that it's in a glass tub. I've sadly dropped a 3/4 full one before and it broke my heart because I couldn't salvage any of it because the glass went all through the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, don't you hate when that happens! I once. Dropped a bottle of perfume on the bathroom floor, it was nearly full, I was so devastated, but needless to say my bathroom smelt so good for months,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a big fan of the Palmers range I find the body butter so nice to put on after a shower to keep my skin soft. I havent tried their face products though, as you say I think they would be a bit too heavy/greasy for the face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Palmers products too, but yes, sadly the face creams don't agree with my combination skin.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig